Book Review: I Am The Ocean

Well, it's been a while since I posted about new books on my blog. If you have been following my blog for a period that you must know that I am a bookworm. I love to read books and find solace in them. Here is my latest review of a book I am the Ocean by Samita Sarkar. Samita is someone with whom you can connect instantly. She is young, energized and vibrant in her writing. As you start to read her book, you feel an instant connection with her and that helps you in reading the whole book in one sitting.

What did I love about the book?

The writing is smooth and you can imagine yourself in her shoes when she went through the journey of her lifetime. You panic when she panics, you love when she laughs and you feel relieve when she was relaxed. Samita was just the girl you are when you were in your 20's. She did everything that was expected from her. She studied, searched jobs but the longing to discover herself made her travel solo with some meager supplies. This journey of rediscovering self is so refreshing that you would want nothing but to pack your bags and travel somewhere just to know that if you have lost yourself somewhere in your busy life.
I love how easily Samita bared herself in front of her readers. It takes a lot of courage to write the true things and Samita proved it.

The language was simple and description vivid.
I am the ocean by Samita Sarkar

What did I not love about the book?

Well, the first thing that made me cringe was the word spiritual. I am a very religious person but I believe that spirituality should not be used everywhere. Except for the lines of Bhagwad Gita, I did not find any spirituality in the book. Yes, the travel memoir is filled with the author's self-discovery and her attitude for life changes as she progressed through her journey. I loved the book as a travel memoir but not as a spiritual travel memoir.

If you are looking for a book to get inspired, to rediscover yourself, I am the ocean is a great choice for it. 

Comments